You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-01 23:12:36

Swan
Superstar
France
Website

Level 41

Rules :

- DO NOT post answers, links, screenshots or level's elements. You'll get banned if you spoil the pleasure of others, even if they ask for.

If you request some help :

Don't be too specific but don't be too vague. It's rather hard to find the right way to ask but imagine yourself in a room with other players. You can't whisper and you need to solve a riddle, you have the right to ask for a clue those who have already solved it, but you don't want the other players to find before you. To understand what you're asking for, one should be at the same step. Don't spoil the steps for the others ! You can use metaphors if you want. Show us that you're smart!

Read this topic carefully, your question may have already been asked (and answered). There's no need to ask the same question twice, even if there's no answer.

If you help somebody :

Don't help him too much, don't deprive him the pleasure to find by himself, just guide him on the way without being too specific, using as much images, metaphors and maybe other riddles as you can. After all, you're smart too wink!

If everybody plays by the rules, things will be much more funny and no one will get hurt.

Write in a correct language, ban SMS style and try to avoid spelling mistakes as much as possible.

http://www.ouverture-facile.com/signature.pnghttp://www.ouverture-facile.com/ofenlogo.png

#2 2006-12-05 11:47:36

brandonc
Geek
Italy
Website

Re: Level 41

It seem that in the mess there are some insertions like

Spoiler:

computer tags... cd... pc... kylb... but not in the last word except maybe for the vr (virtual reality)

I tried to clean that tags up but got nothing...still at work... this game rules! lol

EDIT: NVM got it.

Last edited by brandonc (2006-12-05 13:21:06)

Actual level: 78 Temp end
Visit my riddle --> Ultimate Riddle

#3 2007-02-05 21:55:49

Tyler Durden
Hungary

An english question related to this riddle:

Do you drink ***?

Last edited by Tyler Durden (2007-02-06 12:06:44)

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."

56 was a real nice one smile

#4 2007-02-05 23:23:12

giega
United States

Depends what flavor *** is... But what do you mean?

Level Completed:77
it's npt hcrd

#5 2007-02-23 18:28:50

Fenix
Addict
Czech Republic

Tyler Durden wrote:

I guessed the answer here, especialy thanks to you.
But I understand neither the clue or the picture, nor the "sequence", so I have rather failed in this level...

Missing school because of Level 55

#6 2007-03-20 22:58:22

useless
Noob
Austria
Website

Fenix wrote:

But I understand neither the clue or the picture, nor the "sequence", so I have rather failed in this level...

It relates to a input-device of your computer and of "cleaning" it..

The sunburns killed the Prince of Persia!

#7 2007-03-21 00:57:59

Jalsoph
Geek
United States

I followed Fenix's way, and once you realize what to do it's pretty easy to guess what the answer is. But I'm not too sure how to utilize useless's clue.

__♫The tires are the things on your car that make
__contact with the road. ♪♫♪
__                                                                         
__Back to learning French! lvl 75

#8 2007-04-10 17:30:06

lipstick

I pretty much guessed this, then came on here to see if there was anything more to it than guessing (i would hope and expect so!)

But don't get it still!
The picture is just a picture of a popular cleaning product... as far as I can tell anyway!

#9 2007-04-11 22:26:23

nosh
Geek
United States

you cant have guesed without "outside help" theres alot more to this level then guesing, if all you saw was the pictrure of the cleaning product you didnt look hard enough, theres more to be found

haven't played in a long time, but i'm finally back, i used to be on level 72 but i can't find my old notebook, so i'm working my way back to it from the start (oh well, i can use the refresher)

#10 2007-04-12 09:09:25

lipstick

My comment about the picture was in reply to a post above.
I did see beyond that but don't know what the relevance is of the clue or how the ******  works.
I dont' know what 'outside help' you mean but I would not say I had purely guessed if someone had told me!

#11 2007-05-10 22:28:49

amesbr
United States

Tyler Durden's post gave it away for me also, and I don't know what the significance is either.  Maybe you should edit that...

#12 2007-05-11 19:37:55

Dimitar
Noob
Macedonia

The guys at the NSA could get this in the wink of an eye. wink

Last edited by Dimitar (2007-05-11 19:40:19)

The toil of that be,
heals not the primal fault;
it rains into the sea,
and still the sea is salt.

#13 2007-06-20 13:54:23

evil_eve
Noob
Portugal

Fenix wrote:

Tyler Durden wrote:

Do you drink ***?

i also guessed the answer here, and didn´t understand the clue, i can´t see what cleaning up the computer has to do with this
i'm a mac user, don't know if it's important.

i just know that it didn't make any sense to me, all i did was count the letters of the words and associate with typical "answers to our questions":

...The bats have left the bell tower...The victims have been bled...Red velvet lines the black box...Bela Lugosi's dead...
...Undead...
...Undead
...Undead...

#14 2007-10-01 06:46:38

garyj
Noob

Frustration here... in every other riddle the clue was a direction to help find the code to the puzzle. Now I have decoded all kinds of puzzles that have to do with *** and I totally get how that relates to this puzzle. In fact it didn't take long to find the answer that way and when I type it into the box, it works. BUT the decoding has nothing to do with "cleaning" or "reordering". It would have made a lot more sense if I had to try something like defrag.txt or scan.zip and to find another clue such as the eck. I have tried every combination of cleaning verbs and extensions that I can imagine. Where does cleaning come in? I can go on to level 42, but would prefer to understand this one. Any help out there?

If I gave something away, I did so without knowing... sorry.

#15 2007-10-01 11:13:19

jamface
Addict
United Kingdom

garyj wrote:

Frustration here... in every other riddle the clue was a direction to help find the code to the puzzle. Now I have decoded all kinds of puzzles that have to do with *** and I totally get how that relates to this puzzle. In fact it didn't take long to find the answer that way and when I type it into the box, it works. BUT the decoding has nothing to do with "cleaning" or "reordering". It would have made a lot more sense if I had to try something like defrag.txt or scan.zip and to find another clue such as the eck. I have tried every combination of cleaning verbs and extensions that I can imagine. Where does cleaning come in? I can go on to level 42, but would prefer to understand this one. Any help out there?

If I gave something away, I did so without knowing... sorry.

There is a system to the code, although I solved it the same way you did. Understanding this level is important, so I think it is worth spending some time trying to solve it properly. The code isn't an ordinary one, so you may have to use your imagination to find it out. Just remember that the answer is probably right in front of you, and you may end up kicking yourself (as I did) wink when you finally figure it out. Don't give up!

Currently on Level 46

#16 2007-10-01 20:43:51

garyj
Noob

Thanks jamface... Kick kick... did you know that if you trace the fastest route from michel ange through to la motte that you get a picture of a bunny? Sometimes the hidden is deceptive.. and in this case (41) some of the deception just happened to swan's benefit. Way to go. Hey... i've xccy2xdhleis.

#17 2009-03-30 16:25:04

5ninety2
Noob
Germany

I guessed the answer in this level too, but didn't understand it really and several days of desperation didn't make it better wink. I could go on with level 42 but i need to understand this one!
Could someone send me a PM and tell me what system it is?

Arwen : PM sent

Last edited by Arwen (2009-03-30 17:07:12)

You are a fool – until your idea becomes a success.

⎯ Marc Twain

#18 2009-08-03 12:34:56

ignatz
Noob
Czech Republic

I've allready solved this level, but I'm not sure that my solution is 100% accurate. Could someone consult it with me?  Thanks a lot

bacchus : alas, i don't remember the full solution ; i remember how and what to clean, but afterwards, not what is the answer sad sorry; maybe there's a better mod around here...

#19 2010-09-06 05:48:53

Gasp_a_Bunneh
United States

Oh boy, I am quite stuck. I have only been working on this one for about 45 minutes, but it is really bothering me, as I can't even figure out where to begin.

The only "input devices" that I can think of that I would want to clean would be my keyboard, mouse, monitor, and hard drive. But what does that have to do with anything? I have performed searches in my Computer hard drive of the letters, but I cannot find anything.

Does the fact that the answer box is aligned on the right have to do with anything? May I please get a nudge?

And garyj's post is particularly bothering me... I can't make heads or tales of it. Went back to michel ange's level, and can't figure out how any clue or method of solving that one relates to this one.

Last edited by Gasp_a_Bunneh (2010-09-06 05:50:23)

#20 2010-09-06 19:08:15

csmarkus
Holding the staff
Hungary

I think the answer box is usually right aligned so there is nothing special about it. You'd rather concentrate on the clue, it is really very useful if you apply it to the correct device. And yes, it must have been a thorough cleaning! smile

Having said that, I realize that without the first step it is not possible to solve this level. You must have steady hands! smile

Last edited by csmarkus (2010-09-06 19:17:34)

#21 2010-09-06 21:15:50

Gasp_a_Bunneh
United States

Hmmmm . . . I am still quite lost. I truly appreciate your further help, though, csmarkus.

What could that first step be? Steady hands . . . umm.

Thinking, thinking.

Could de-fragmenting my hard drive have anything to do with it? That certainly puts things in order.

I am starting to lean towards my keyboard, but I still am not sure what to do.

Also, post #2, does that pertain to anything? The tags and such? I tried experimenting with that idea, but once again, got nowhere.

I am guessing this "cleaning" is not the physical kind, as you would with real Mr. Clean.

And what about that "do you drink ***?" The only three-letter word I can think of that those asterisks could be, is tea.

Am I getting anywhere?

Last edited by Gasp_a_Bunneh (2010-09-06 22:07:04)

#22 2010-09-06 22:07:06

csmarkus
Holding the staff
Hungary

Ah, so you did indeed do the first step! You did know where to begin! smile

I think it was a real Mr. Clean and a thorough cleaning. Now you know more than enough! smile

#23 2010-09-06 22:09:26

Gasp_a_Bunneh
United States

o_o Ack. What! Oh my . . . Well then, I will think about that now.

Just a heads up, thank you very much for the warning about my previous post. I apologize for that.  And your PM inbox is full. ^^;

#24 2010-09-07 04:03:56

Gasp_a_Bunneh
United States

I hate to do this, but I am still getting nowhere. A real Mr. Clean? And a ... a thorough cleaning? What are we talking about here?

So the tags do have something to do with it? o_O Hard drive or monitor or ouverture-facile what do I do cleaning blahh!

#25 2010-09-07 09:11:56

csmarkus
Holding the staff
Hungary

Hard disks don't need real Mr. Clean. There is some other device which does need to be cleaned from time to time because normal people make it dirty. And if you want to clean it thoroughly, you will need to act orderly when you are finished. wink

Edit: It said message box 58% full. Anyway, I deleted some PMs so it should be OK now (well below 50%).

Last edited by csmarkus (2010-09-07 09:14:42)

Board footer