Accordingly to Wikipedia a shepherd is a dude who takes care of sheep, usually in flocks in the fields. But in here, a shepherd is a member who can have access to cool stuff and who can be involved in the creation of this game and of some other projects.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of what a shepherd can do (non-exhaustive because there are some surprises in the Shepherd's lair) :
- A shepherd can have access to the Shepherd's lair, a private section of the forum where he can share more private information, access some hidden features of Ouverture Facile and where he can actively participate in the life of this game (discuss the improvements that will be added, be involved in organizing contests or events, know about things before they hit mainstream, etc...)
- A shepherd can read the "Antre of the modos" which is the moderators forum.
- A shepherd can test and validate the riddles proposed in Your Ouverture Facile (and that's sweet, because he can play some riddles before they are released and can participate in their modification).
- A shepherd can upload 3 files per post with a limited size of 3Mo (instead of 1 file of 1Mo).
- A shepherd skip post and search flood queue.
- A shepherd can set his own user title.
- A shepherd has his name in green, and that's cool !
Well, you must admit that it's pretty cool to be a shepherd, isn't it? And you're probably wondering how to become a shepherd?
You only have to pay 1 250 $ a year ! No, just kidding... It's free of course. You only have to be a good member and earn some white sheeps.
What does that mean?
It's simple, when you do something good you can earn some white sheeps, when you do something bad you can earn some black sheeps. You start with 0 sheeps, black sheeps increment this number and white sheeps decrement it. If you reach +10 (10 black sheeps) you are banned, if you reach -10 you become a shepherd.
There are lots of ways to be white or blacksheeped, if you don't follow the game and forum rules you might earn some black sheeps (which means lose the white sheeps you might have earned before). You can't see your sheeps, so just keep in mind that your good behaviour will be rewarded and your bad actions might lead to a non-corporal punishment*, beware!
*because we haven't the right to do so...
Let's not speak about the bad actions, you know what they are (spoilers, links to riddles, flood, insults, etc...), but let's focus on the right things.
What you can do to earn white sheeps :
There are lots of ways...
- Help somebody, but don't help him too much, don't deprive him the pleasure to find by himself, just guide him on the way without being too specific, using as much images, metaphors and maybe other riddles as you can.
- Participate to the life of the forum, just tell us who you are and speak about everything you like in the appropriate section, you've seen a movie you like? So, lets go to the "movies" section and tell us more. You like video games? Here is the place to share some reviews, organize a multiplayer session, etc... And these are only examples, there are sections for everything. The French forum is full of content and the English one must start to also build a nice community, it can be great, you'll see... French members are even organizing some parties where they meet together, and some couples met on the forum. So don't be shy for God's sake!
- To be more specific, there is a good way to earn some white sheeps : Do a well-documented topic on a subject. Like a movie review with a poll, some images, links, etc... (here is an example : http://forum.ouverture-facile.com/viewtopic.php?id=119), you'll be sure to earn some white sheeps and help to build a great database of opinions. Here is the French movie index : http://www.ouverturefacile.com/forums/i … topic=1024 (And this is just for movies, there are lots of other stuff).
- Create a riddle for Your Ouverture Facile.
- Spread the word on internet or in real life : http://forum.ouverture-facile.com/viewtopic.php?id=204 and http://forum.ouverture-facile.com/viewtopic.php?id=246
- Help improving the game, help people who have some issues, be a cool dude, etc... etc...
I hope you'll make this forum yours, it's always heart-warming to see lots of different people having a good time. I'm counting on you, so... Let's build this place!
You want to react to this thread, share some propositions to improve this place, discuss about the community, etc... just click here.
I'm not sure if this is the place to post it, but I have an idea for the forum. I was thinking it might be nice to have a protected place for each riddle, that can only be accessed by people that have passed the level. This would make it easier to share your opinion about a riddle, your way of solving it and other thoughts.