Ouverture Facile : Forum

Ouverture Facile : Forum

This is the official board for the game Ouverture Facile

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Music
  •  » Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

Poll

What do you think about the band Dream Theater?

Absolutely Amazing!!!
100% - 4
They're pretty good
0% - 0
Ok I guess
0% - 0
Don't really like them
0% - 0
Never heard of them
0% - 0

Total : 4

#1 2007-06-02 01:47:51

Ruzzo
Guitar God
United States
Website

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

As some of you may know, Dream Theater, the master of progressive metal, are coming out with their 10th studio released album on June 5th, 2007 called "Systematic Chaos".

Here is a quick Bio of the band Dream Theater and a little bit of information about their new album.

"Since their first studio release in 1989, Dream Theater has notched up record and DVD sales in excess of six million and headlined to audiences of 20,000. Having undertaken seven world tours across 42 different countries, they have established a live reputation that has swept them to arena-status around the globe. They have appeared alongside acts such as Deep Purple, Iron Maiden and Yes.

Recognized by peers and public alike for their advanced musical expertise, the band (Mike Portnoy, drums; John Petrucci, guitar; John Myung, bass; James LaBrie, vocals; Jordan Rudess, keyboards) has long held the ability to combine complex arrangements with unadulterated songwriting skills, the material often underpinned by riffs as heavy as anything in the Metallica repertoire.

"This album's got all of the elements we've become known for," reveals Portnoy. "The focus on musicianship, the skull-crushing riffs, the big progressive epics and the heart-wrenching melodies. We've got one of the strongest and most devoted fan bases in the world, and they should certainly be happy with the new material. By working closely with the label we hope to turn a great many new heads, too."

Prior to teaming up with Roadrunner Records, Dream Theater was signed to a seven-album deal with Warner Music Group worldwide. The deal commenced with the critically acclaimed and commercially successful Images And Words (1992), a Gold-certified US release, and concluded, in equal style, with Octavarium (2005), a Top 40 Billboard outing. In August of last year the band issued Score, a live album/DVD (recorded at Radio City Music Hall in New York), which went straight to the No. 1 spot on the Billboard DVD charts, knocking Pink Floyd from the top!

By the following month, the five were holed up at Avatar Studios in New York, working on the new album with veteran engineer/ mixer Paul Northfield (Rush, Queensrche, Porcupine Tree). As usual, Portnoy and Petrucci chose to co-produce the project, which features seven compositions (one a 25-minute epic), and word on the grapevine is that the Dream Theater/Roadrunner alliance looks all set to kick off with a classic.

Systematic Chaos, Dream Theater's ninth studio release, arrives at a time when the band is casting a longer-than-ever shadow across the rock and metal landscape. Their influence is being acknowledged by an increasing number of contemporary, cutting-edge acts such as Stone Sour, Trivium, Shadows Fall, Opeth as their fan base continues to grow."

Here is a picture of the band in front of the cover of their 9th studio released album titled, "Octavarium".

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8536/christhedreameroctavarium08007.jpg
From left to right...

Mike Portnoy - Drums
John Petrucci - Guitar
James Labrie - Vocals
John Myung - Bass
Jordan Rudess - Keyboard

Their new album "Systematic Chaos" will be the bands 10th studio released.
The album's track listings will include...

In The Presence of Enemies Pt.1 (9:00)
Forsaken (5:36)
Constant Motion (6:55)
The Dark Eternal Night (8:51)
Repentance (10:43)
Prophets Of War (6:01)
The Ministry of Lost Souls (14:57)
In The Presence of Enemies Pt.2 (16:38)

There will also be a Special Edition version of the album which will include...

-The entire album mixed in 5.1 surround sound
-"Chaos in Progress - The Making of Systematic Chaos"
(a 90-minute documentary directed by Mike Portnoy)

This album will be released Tuesday June 5th, 2007 and I personally can't wait. Dream Theater is my favorite band and, being a guitar player myself, practically worship them. I just wanted to know if anyone else has ever heard of them or if anyone else is as excited as me about this album. Post your thoughts...

#2 2007-06-06 03:12:19

bacchus
moderate in drinkation
France

Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

i didn't know they were to release a new album, and now that you mentionned it, i just can't wait to ear it !!!
i loooove dream theater, and i try every day to pull from my bass the same wonderfull notes as john myung's, but that's tough ^^
up to now, my favourite albums are 'A change of Seasons', 'Falling into infinity' and 'A train of thought' (that latter being probably the more brutal).

franais, english, deutsch, svenska, 日本語 - always keen on learning other languages
http://www.whiskybase.com/mc.gif
finished HP7 book on 22nd at 4 pm ^^ http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/2338/dhmh7.png

#3 2007-06-06 22:02:06

Ruzzo
Guitar God
United States
Website

Well if you liked Train of Though you are going to love this new album.
I just got my copy yesterday and I have to say...it is truely amazing.

Oh and you must be one hell of a bass player to pull off something as complicated as a Dream Theater song...
Myung is absolutely insane...smile

#4 2007-06-12 09:35:25

hydralisk
Noob
Website

Well Train of Thought was my favorite album of theirs and the one that originally got me interested in them, so I'll definitely want to hear this new one!  I'm quite picky about my music. There are few bands around today (that I know of) that impress me. Dream Theater is one of the few. (another is Symphony X)

I play a bit of guitar myself but these guys are WAY out of my league. Or anyone's league. It's not surprising at all that those of us who play instruments should be fans of Dream Theater. In the area of technical prowess they're unbeatable.

#5 2007-07-23 13:47:40

bacchus
moderate in drinkation
France

i purchased the limited edition with the bonus dvd...
i didn't listen to it so much up to know (harry potter required silence...), but regarding the few songs i heard, it's ok, but not as good as previous albums, to my mind.
but i said it about each previous release, so... ^^
i guess The Dark Eternal Night will be my favourite song, but i still need to listen to the whole thing before forging my mind.

franais, english, deutsch, svenska, 日本語 - always keen on learning other languages
http://www.whiskybase.com/mc.gif
finished HP7 book on 22nd at 4 pm ^^ http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/2338/dhmh7.png

#6 2009-07-17 11:13:43

Mal^_achi
United Kingdom

I remember watching Mike Portnoy in concert, sitting in a cage of drums and playing for 3 straight hours. I had never seen anything so amazing. So i remember i went straight away and immediately bought all the Dream Theater cd's. Have enjoyed them very much, was slightly disappointed by all the fail side bands the members then went off to make, thought they were a bit dissapointing. Personal Favourite still is solitary shell. wink

"...and all the money i waste, it's just a matter of taste..."
http://www.ouverture-facile.com/ad/logo5.png

#7 2009-08-26 23:55:12

Ruzzo
Guitar God
United States
Website

Mal^_achi wrote:

was slightly disappointed by all the fail side bands the members then went off to make, thought they were a bit dissapointing.

Not all of them were bad.
Petrucci's solo album was fantastic and Liquid Tension Experiment 1 and 2 were both masterpieces to name just a few.

• Index
  •  » Music
  •  » Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

Board footer