You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-04 14:08:06

Swan
Superstar
France
Website

Level 77

Level 77 is here at last!
I would like to thank the Shepherds from the French board that helped me debugging and translating this level (special thanks to jeffw for his help with the translation).

Enjoy!

ps : If something doesn't behave as you think it should, please contact a moderator.

Rules :

- DO NOT post answers, links, screenshots or level's elements. You'll get banned if you spoil the pleasure of others, even if they ask for.

If you request some help :

Don't be too specific but don't be too vague. It's rather hard to find the right way to ask but imagine yourself in a room with other players. You can't whisper and you need to solve a riddle, you have the right to ask for a clue those who have already solved it, but you don't want the other players to find before you. To understand what you're asking for, one should be at the same step. Don't spoil the steps for the others ! You can use metaphors if you want. Show us that you're a smart man !

Read this topic carefully, your question may have already been asked (and answered). There's no need to ask the same question twice, even if there's no answer.

If you help somebody :

Don't help him too much, don't deprive him the pleasure to find by himself, just guide him on the way without being too specific, using as much images, metaphors and maybe other riddles as you can. After all, you're smart too wink!

If everybody plays by the rules, things will be much more funny and no one will get hurt.

Write in a correct language, ban SMS style and try to avoid spelling mistakes as much as possible.

http://www.ouverture-facile.com/signature.pnghttp://www.ouverture-facile.com/ofenlogo.png

#2 2007-09-04 18:45:56

brandonc
Geek
Italy
Website

Re: Level 77

I'm sorry... I know... I'm OT... but I MUST tell you all that the japanese movie is one of the funniest things I've ever seen... I can't stop laughing... sorry for the OT... mauhauahuahauhauhauhauahauhauahuahuahauhauhauhauha!!!!
(swan ure always the best)

EDIT: and... by the way... who wants to kill a sheep? mad

Spoiler:

electronik supersonik oO

EDIT:

ok I passed the sheep and found the strange "things". I've found

Spoiler:

six coloured squares

around the apartment (are them more?), I have the

Spoiler:

** in the co****er

and I have the password for it, but I don't have username... keep going... but don't know where... sad

Last edited by brandonc (2007-09-04 22:18:35)

Actual level: 78 Temp end
Visit my riddle --> Ultimate Riddle

#3 2007-09-04 23:12:28

Ruzzo
Guitar God
United States
Website

Arg... this whole "Connect the wires" puzzle is killing me sad
I hope I'm doing this right but...It just seems that it's impossible to connect everything together...Unless I'm missing something...?
Oh well, I'm still trying smile

EDIT:

-Points at signature-

I know this is OT but...Swan I Love your TV!
Evil Gophers, talking chicken heads, and crazy Techno music videos...
What more could you ask for?

" 5, 4, 3, 1...Off Blast!"

EDIT:

Ok, I've had my fun for now...
Brandon...Looks like you've got through quit a bit of this level already.

smile

So far I've found different sheets of...

Spoiler:

A series of colored squares arranged on a 3x3 plane in FIVE different places in the apartment.

I've also found...

Spoiler:

A strange sheet with what looks like a list of coordinates

And I've found the puzzle that I'm assuming turns on the computer but I haven't really figured it out yet. =P
I also have the "Password" but no username as you are looking for yet.

Last edited by Ruzzo (2007-09-05 01:23:42)

#4 2007-09-05 05:14:42

brandonc
Geek
Italy
Website

Well... I think we're almost in the same position Ruzzo... You think you have FIVE sheets... but if you look better at

Spoiler:

the sh**t with the co******es

you see that you have SIX of them wink
Apart form this I can't understand how you can't turn on the computer if you see the TV. I solved the

Spoiler:

ca**e puzzle

and turned on BOTH. But now I'm stuck with that username... wich puzzle "to turns the computer on" are you talking about?
As far as the rest... the damned sheep is not so hard to "beat" and there's a "not-so-easy-to-find-thing" wich (I think) must be putted in the

Spoiler:

pc

In a word... Stuck! lol

EDIT: ok found the user and accessed the pc. Now I have to understand how to use the squares and the strange "things" found on the bed.

A question for swan: I'm playing at job now and when I go on the bed I find only 2 "things", but yesterday (at my house) they were 3. Is it normal?

Last edited by brandonc (2007-09-05 08:15:34)

#5 2007-09-05 13:31:27

Ruzzo
Guitar God
United States
Website

Well for me the computer is on but the monitor won't turn on. It's probably something really easy and I just keep missing it =P
Ah well...I'll keep looking

#6 2007-09-05 14:11:44

brandonc
Geek
Italy
Website

well... if you

Spoiler:

solved the c***e puzzle

the computer is on... as you said, turning the monitor is very easy...

Spoiler:

search on it wink

I'm so stuck cause I have the access to the pc, but I don't know how to use it because:
- I don't know how to put the square pieces toghether (if ever I have them all)
- I can't understand what the "bedroom stuff" is

Swan please answer my question: is it normal that yesterday at home I had 3 "bedroom stuff" and today at work I have only 2 "bedroom stuff"?
Only "yes" or "no"... I don't want a hint...

#7 2007-09-05 16:04:27

Swan
Superstar
France
Website

It's not normal... Perhaps you dragged one of them off the screen, try to save and reload.
(send me a mp with a screenshot to see if we talk about the same thing).

http://www.ouverture-facile.com/signature.pnghttp://www.ouverture-facile.com/ofenlogo.png

#8 2007-09-05 22:50:31

Ruzzo
Guitar God
United States
Website

Well I've been playing around with the puzzle

Spoiler:

Near the computer

forever now and I just can't figure it out sad
All my ideas aren't working...Looks like I'll just have to keep trying.

Last edited by Ruzzo (2007-09-05 23:28:11)

#9 2007-09-06 06:59:27

brandonc
Geek
Italy
Website

Ok Swan... everything's all right now... saved and reloaded... now I have 3 of "them"... bye and thanks... back to "work"... smile

Last edited by brandonc (2007-09-06 06:59:43)

#10 2007-09-08 14:51:03

brandonc
Geek
Italy
Website

I found another couple of workin combinations (according to the ******s) for the puzzle but they're not inspiring me... sad

bidipe : **** <= spoiler,... I think wink
It's better to leave everyone to find the different clues, isn't it ?

#11 2007-09-08 15:31:56

jeffw
Mod' of War
Wales

Well, as usual only one of them will do. smile

I ain't no stupid...I'm just french.

Level 70 something(english)/Level 93(french) done and dusted, next ! wink

#12 2007-09-08 15:38:38

brandonc
Geek
Italy
Website

well... yeah... but I don't have really idea of HOW it will do... I mean...

Spoiler:

in the pc I can use two lines of 9 square each (total of 18 squares) while in the pieces puzzles I can only create a big square (3x3) and I have 28 coloured squares in each of my possible solutions

so I can't understand the connection between the pc and the puzzle.
In a word... stuck! sad

Last edited by brandonc (2007-09-08 15:39:32)

#13 2007-09-08 15:54:21

jeffw
Mod' of War
Wales

As soon as you see what is your big square you will see the solution... and 3x3 ? Isn't that 9... tongue

#14 2007-09-08 18:17:42

bbalint85
Hungary

I think the big square has to do something with a certain ****** placement puzzle from *****..
I have a solution, but when I put it in the computer and try to press ok, Swan says I should be looking for more items..
am I on the right track at least?

bidipe : yes, you are... that's why I have to hide your hint wink
You just need to go everywhere each time you play if you don't save the game

work in progress

#15 2007-09-10 04:33:02

bna
Noob
United States

bbalint85 I'm right behind you.  I think I understand the type of problem solving on the computer, and with a little rearranging have placed the little grids in the big grid.  I am most confused, however, on how to use the things on the bed.  If you use them as is, they violate the rules of the game. What's up with that?  I obviously am not interpreting something correctly.

Jeffw : Well... observation is always a good thing... it would make a big difference for your problem. tongue

Thank you. There is always one more hoop to jump through until you are finished. Hope Level 78 comes soon.

Last edited by bna (2007-09-10 20:41:23)

Wherever you go; there you are.

#16 2007-12-17 17:18:07

korora
Noob

I think I have the answer, but he keeps telling me to look for more clues when I try to enter it.

I've found:

Spoiler:

The 5 items plus one and the three on the bed

I've gone back to them repeatedly in case he didn't "remember" I'd seen them but I can't get it to work.  I did restart the level recently so there's a possibility I forgot to visit something... Any gentle nudges?

#17 2008-01-12 09:24:52

jeffw
Mod' of War
Wales

You have found what was to be found but make sure when you restart the level to do it all over again... You can't cut corners in this one or it won't work... Bit of a pain really...
Do not despair, you're very close to the end and once you know where everything is you can re-do it in 5 minutes flat. big_smile

#18 2008-07-11 15:52:44

csmarkus
Holding the staff
Hungary

I think I have the solution, too. The answer is not accepted, though. It says some elements may be missing. I'm quite sure I went to all the places and looked at all the necessary pieces. Do I have to click everything unimportant, too, before the answer is accepted?

EDIT: Thanks jeffw, the problem was on my side. I can see now that there are two logical ways to make a big one from the small ones and my choice was wrong. The correct choice fits the computer much better, I could see this in the unsolved phase already. wink

Last edited by csmarkus (2008-07-12 19:13:01)

#19 2008-07-12 09:21:28

jeffw
Mod' of War
Wales

No just the important bits... but every single one of them.
Check if you had everything... again...

#20 2008-08-19 18:29:36

damajin
Noob

I can't remember my old username so I am posting again.

I'm so close to beating this level, but I am running into some shortcomings.  I've managed to make it to the computer, and I've found 9 3x3 grids or grid equivalents which I presume are to be used to yield the computer color sequence. However, no matter what I enter, I'm told that I am missing some pieces.  I know this level is very picky (ie. I never even found the n**c****** until I had tried to combine the c*** and the n** first, and trying to insert the cd before being prompted on the screen locks it up).  Did I screw up somewhere? I tried redoing the level as thoroughly as possible, making sure only to act in accordance with logical ordering (ie. I only went looking for a CD when I was told I needed one, only looked for food when asked, etc).  And yet, even though I am pretty sure I've found everything, I'm still stuck.  Did I miss something vital?

I also noticed that the grids "have a nice relation" in the grand scheme of things due to visual symmetry alone, but how am I supposed to extract 18 elements from this? One of my symmetries doesn't even work (derived from the gray+orange(?) grid) like the supplementary symmetry does (diagonals.  If you know what I mean, you know what I mean).

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by damajin (2008-08-19 18:30:39)

#21 2008-08-19 20:09:55

csmarkus
Holding the staff
Hungary

You need to understand all of post #15 in order to go on.

#22 2008-08-19 20:38:55

damajin
Noob

I'm pretty sure I understand the post.  I have the big grid.  But I'm stuck trying to compress it.  The big grid looks "elegant" except for one of my corners.

#23 2008-08-19 21:20:31

glouton
modo from quasi-paris (© FRiZ)
France

Looks like you still have some blanks to fill in your investigation.

glouton in French it means wolverine.
It's small, chunky and will gobble anything up !

#24 2008-08-19 23:43:35

damajin
Noob

Is every square supposed to have a color based upon some pattern?

#25 2008-08-19 23:56:29

csmarkus
Holding the staff
Hungary

You don't have a blank color on the computer, do you?
I think you might not understand ALL of post #15 yet. First, you need to concentrate on Jeffw's comment to make it "elegant" and then you will be able to apply the mentioned rules of the game. It's quite a bit of work still left for you in this level. wink

Board footer