Website

What do you think of Ouverture Facile ?

Do you like this game ?
What pleases you the most ?
What bothers you ?

Feel free to speak your mind.

And if you love Ouverture Facile :

http://www.ouverture-facile.com/start/love.png

http://www.ouverture-facile.com/signature.pnghttp://www.ouverture-facile.com/ofenlogo.png

#2 2006-12-04 16:56:51

Lasivian
Noob

Re: What do you think of Ouverture Facile ?

I'm sorry to say I think it sucks.

Level one made sense, but I finished the "puzzle" in level 2 and had no idea what to do next, came back to it many times over several days but had no idea what to do.

So I cheated and jumped to level 3, and once again had no idea what to do over a period of several days.

Ok, so i'll check the forums for info, what am I missing..

And your forums say, "6. It is FORBIDDEN to help a member who didn't reach level 10."

That's a friendly way to be when you ask for donations on every other page isn't it? Guess i'm just too stupid to figure it out, and you don't think i'm worth helping.

I'm sorry, but there seems to be no reason for me NOT to take my time and possible donation money and go someplace else.

#3 2006-12-04 17:02:38

Swan
Superstar
France
Website

Hi Lasivian,

Have you read these game rules : http://www.ouverture-facile.com/start/rules.html ?

It will give you some hints on getting started if you don't understand the purpose of this game.

Donation is for those who want to support the game, if you don't like it there is of course no reason to donate wink.

If you want to know why there is no help for the 10 first levels, i suggest you this link : http://forum.ouverture-facile.com/viewtopic.php?id=74

http://www.ouverture-facile.com/signature.pnghttp://www.ouverture-facile.com/ofenlogo.png

#4 2006-12-04 17:51:37

Lasivian
Noob

Ok, I suppose I owe you more detail.

A couple of friends sent me here saying it was loads of fun, not your fault of course just full disclosure.

I did in fact read the rules, but there was nothing there that gave me any better indication of what I was doing wrong or not doing. The rules also seem very contradictory, I will explain:

Edit by swan : Sorry i have to remove this part because it's spoiling the answer for this level

"Because the difficulty grows quickly and if you don't learn to search by yourself, you'll be lost for the next levels, even with the help of the forum."

Yes, I agree with this, but what you're also saying is "Either you sink or swim or your own, either way we don't really care about people that can't get to level 11 on their own no matter why" And that's very frustrating.

Imagine a child in school, he's given an assignment, he says "I don't understand", and the teacher says "Well, I won't help you until you answer the first 10 questions on your own".

The game itself is probably quite interesting and well-made, personally tho I can't figure it out so it's just frustrating.

*shrug*

#5 2006-12-04 17:57:27

Swan
Superstar
France
Website

That's why we are not at school but in a game. If you play a video game, for instance, no one will finish the level at your place, you can always cheat but you'll loose the purpose of the game. There is no contradiction, only rules. And the rule for THIS game is "for the first 10 levels" you are on your own.

The game is one year old in France and it seems that it works better with these rules. This game requires a lot of time and thinking and the player learn by trying by himself, it's quite the hard way to learn but it's what we want to do and that is how the game works.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, I understand that this game can be frustrating. I correct you on one point : we DO care of the players that encounter difficulties to solve the 10 first levels, it's just really important that they understand that most of the thinking must be done without more help than the one provided by the clues if they want to fully enjoy the game... or not. Even if it discourages some of them. Don't forget that some levels will require several days to be solved.

#6 2006-12-04 18:52:04

kam
Finland

If I can allow myself to answer ( and it seems I did ), first levels are there to get by yourself how the game works. When you starts the game, it's surely hard and you dont see what to do then...  You yell "twisted!!" when you get the answer, but when you does it ; when you get the thing ; then you're happy to have succeeded in, to have come over Swan's twisted mind for a while :p  This is a riddle game, the purpose of the game is to make you think and turning your brain upside down... It sometimes requires a few days to solve the level where you are stuck.  For personal example : I'm stuck in french level 70 ; I can't the hell see what to do, and my friends tell me " it's so easy!! "  ... But this is the game. This is a really great game for minds that love to be bad treated :p

my brain turned into some apple pie.

#7 2006-12-05 06:44:36

beans
Noob
Australia

Haha I think the game is great. And I'm stuck on level 3! But hey, I only just started playing, I'm sure i'll get there eventually.

I think it is a fantastic idea and such good exercise for the brain. But unfortunately it's another thing for me to waste time with all day tongue

#8 2006-12-05 09:13:51

sexyeyes_6064
Noob
Australia

I also think it's a pretty good game, it really does make you think and use your brain. Although after awhile from playing your brain does tend to hurt LOL I guess thats a side effect haha

#9 2006-12-17 19:44:00

bobsmiththethird
United States

yeah, ive started doing these instead of homework, i think it helps more : )

but these are great, im stuck on the error error error one right now, #33 in english because i dont speak french : (  (which consequently makes some of these rather hard, like the from point A to B one... i had to just trial and error that one) but so far theyre all still very doable, although if you would've posted a hex editing tutorial it would have made 23 a heck of a lot easier instead of me just fooling around for hours with the program till i magically hit the right combination of options heh.

Forum trolling while working on : Level 66

#10 2007-01-06 04:24:54

lobsters
Noob

I think this is too much trial and error. It should be more apparent. True, then it would be even harder to get because some people would get it and some just wouldn't. In the end I think its interesting but there are way too many possibilities which takes up way too much time. Also (non-English speaking) Europeans are much more philosophical than Americans, Canadians, British, Australian, etc. Its not that those people are dumb (I am from North American myself) its just that this isnt the way we are used to thinking and it extremly difficult to start thinking in a new way after all your life you have been thinking and analzying things in another, (a more staright forward approach). Good concept, interesting, but not for (most of) the English Speaking market.

#11 2007-01-06 09:20:10

JHolla
Addict
United States

I don't know what lobsters really means about philosophy, but to me, thinking in a different way (less straightforward) is WHY this game is so much fun.  Also, trial and error don't really come into play very frequently if you understand the clues...  Anyways, this game has pretty much taken over all my free time.  I mean, I could be improving my mind by studying for exams and such, but intellectual gain is always more enjoyable when the process is ultimately pointless.

"What do you do when you have the ability but not the notion?"

#12 2007-01-07 15:11:53

nutellaisforlovers
Germany

Regardless of where your from, this game is high-quality, Class A, B, C, and all the other letters...brain food. I love it!lol

True, some of the answers make you think...but doh! Of course! A riddle can mean something to put through a sieve (as my dictionary says), which is exactly what is happening to your brain when you play this...it's fantastic!

Last edited by nutellaisforlovers (2007-01-07 15:12:33)

You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

#13 2007-01-07 20:55:31

FunkyMunky
Noob

As a whole, I love this game.  It makes you think.

Some of the levels, however, are just plain hard.  Like the level with the XOR key.
True, some are even more trial and error than anything else.  But some of these levels
have been amazingly fun.  Like the crossword puzzle level.   smile

#14 2007-01-07 21:44:35

glouton
modo from quasi-paris (© FRiZ)
France

What? Are my senses abused? I can't believe what my eyes are seeing, I take up arms and fight agains you with all my bravery (pretty much like Porky's one) to clean up this insult. Hear my voice unfaithful people! Nothing is trial and error in those divine riddles once you've got the logic. tongue

glouton in French it means wolverine.
It's small, chunky and will gobble anything up !

#15 2007-01-07 22:08:19

giega
United States

I have to agree that there is logic in all levels, except it maybe more twisted than normal.

Level Completed:77
it's npt hcrd

#16 2007-01-11 00:20:51

Rachelle
Addict
Canada

Lol Glouton as I was reading this i totally was agreeing with you..  There is Complete logic to every level. Some of the levels do require you to learn, and think outside of the box....
I love the game. I generally feel brilliant when i solve a level.  ( sometimes i feel like a moron though. )

Working around Level 62
PM me for help up to Level 61
But before you do, Have you Read the Rules?
Looked in the Tutorial section?

#17 2007-01-13 14:36:05

fandango
Noob
Hungary

Hi!

This site is one of the most creative sites i've ever met. It's full of fun.

#18 2007-01-13 18:42:55

Kiara
Geek
United States

I wuv this website!!! XD

... and now for something completely different ...
---------------------------------------------------------
Currently trying to break through Level 78 with cuteness
http://pics.homere.jmsp.net/t_24/64x64/JP_leo.gif

#19 2007-01-14 07:24:43

Ozark
Noob
United States

Here is why this game is fascinating and awesome:

It's completely awesome in that we can interact with the puzzle.  I think some of the specific computer related questions (i.e. - B****y/etc.) are a little harsh, but I do like that it's quite . . . riddley. big_smile

Currently sparring with level 23.

#20 2007-01-15 01:55:13

Proteus
United States

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you cannot please everyone.  However, in reading Lasivian's messages I get the impression that he does not like challenges and when there is the hard way to the left and the easy way to the right, he turns right.  This game is NOT for those who like to have things handed to them or for those who do not like solving puzzles and riddles (obviously lol)  I may be too quick to judge and Lasivian could be an accomplished neurosurgeon tongue

I personally am addicted to this game and love the exercise it gives my brain.  We all need some sort of brain exercise to keep it from going to mush when we get older.  And I feel a great sense of accomplishment every time I solve a level, which helps emotionally as well.  I guess my point is that OF is essential to better health - it may even make you live longer (that is not scientifically proven yet but a study has been in progress since July of 2005 results to be published in the Summer of 2015 lol)

Keep up the great work OF team smile

Currently matching wits with level 56

#21 2007-01-16 18:58:26

Carol
Netherlands

I discovered this amazing game just a few days ago and I'm beginning to become a addict.
Right now I'm stock on Lvl 19, but hee, it just tickles my brain.
I love this game and have lots of respect for the moderators here : )

to Bit or not to Bit . . .

Finaly past Level 37, up to 38

#22 2007-01-17 05:02:21

Nerd
United States

I think this game is great! There's practically no way you can cheat, and uses the creative and analytical sides of your mind. A friend of mine has discovered the game, and we have worked together up to Level 18. Ouverture Facile is AWESOME!

Just finished Level 48 in English!
Just finished Level 7 in French (with minimal knowledge of it)!

#23 2007-01-22 04:58:46

nosh
Geek
United States

i used to have a bunch of programs on my computer that when ever i looked at them i would think to myself: "what the hell does that program do?" well this game has FORCED me to find out just exactly what all those programs do, bravo swan, keep it up.

ps: my friend maxx says your a silly bitch for screwing with his head so much (read my signiture) dont take it as an insult, its a sign that you've done a great job

haven't played in a long time, but i'm finally back, i used to be on level 72 but i can't find my old notebook, so i'm working my way back to it from the start (oh well, i can use the refresher)

#24 2007-01-30 02:07:45

tibaal89
Noob
United States
Website

This game has ruined my life.  No, really!

I am so impressed and engrossed by the awesome cleverness of this game that it has taken time away from school and work.  No complaint from me, of course; it is a great way to pass the time.  As well, my coworkers and classmates are equally entranced.

I look forward to what twisted sheet lies ahead.  Bravo!

Last edited by tibaal89 (2007-01-30 02:08:14)

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
http://www.youtube.com/tibaal89
Level: 53

#25 2007-01-31 08:15:51

brandonc
Geek
Italy
Website

I played Notpron, Zest, Orio, Neutral Riddle.

Ouverture Facile is on another plane.

Just the best riddle game ever!

bye b.

Actual level: 78 Temp end
Visit my riddle --> Ultimate Riddle

Board footer