Niggle
France

Indiana Jones I - Raiders of the Lost Ark

Raiders of the Lost Ark

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4b/Raiders.jpg

Directed by : Steven Spielberg

Story by : George Lucas & Philip Kaufman

Music by : John Williams

Starring : Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones) , Karen Allen (Marion Ravenwood),Paul Freeman (René Belloq), Ronald Lacey (Major Arnold Toht), John Ryes-Davis (Sallah)

Runtime : 115 minutes

Release Dates : June 12, 1981

Genre : Adventure film

It was the first "Indiana Jones" film to be released, but it is the second in internal chronological order.

Plot:

In 1936, archaeologist Indiana Jones braves an ancient booby trapped temple in Peru and retrieves a golden idol. He is confronted by rival archaeologist René Belloq and the indigenous Hovitos. Surrounded and outnumbered, Jones is forced to surrender the idol to Belloq and escapes aboard a waiting Waco seaplane.

Shortly after returning to Marshall College, where he teaches archaeology, Jones is interviewed by two Army intelligence agents. They inform him that the Nazis, in their quest for occult power, are searching for his old mentor, Abner Ravenwood, who is the leading expert on the ancient Egyptian city of Tanis and possesses the headpiece of the Staff of Ra. Jones deduces that the Nazis are searching for Tanis because it is believed to be the location of the Ark of the Covenant; the Nazis believe that if they acquire it, their armies will become invincible. The Staff of Ra is the key to finding the Well of Souls, a secret chamber in which the Ark is buried. (Wikipedia)

My opinion :

I've seen this film when it released in France in 1982, and after such a long (long) time, "The Lost Ark" is a movie that I still like to watch again, now with my children.
It's mix of adventure, mystery and magic, with a lot of humor ("Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes?").
Maybe the best film of the teralogy. A cult movie for my generation.

Last edited by Niggle (2014-03-08 21:40:47)

"I am a hobbit" (JRR Tolkien)

• Index
  •  » Movies
  •  » Indiana Jones I - Raiders of the Lost Ark

Board footer