6% - 4
19% - 12
68% - 43

Total : 63

#26 2007-02-02 01:09:12

eightbithero
Noob
United States

Re: What do you think of Ouverture Facile ?

Just thought I'd let you know that I wrote up a review of Ouverture Facile on this website:

http://www.gamecola.net/

Don't be fooled by the score, it's a mediocre score on any other game review site/magazine, but for our site it's actually quite high.  Great game, keep up the good work.

#27 2007-02-02 09:34:18

rodolfu
Epicurean mod
Belgium

I've just read your review and found it pretty good eightbithero! It gives a complete overview of the game and, for sure, is likely to tempt and attract a bunch of poor riddles lovers who had not heard of ouverture-facile yet.

As you said I think also that there is no need to be shocked by the 'low' score since the weakest link comes from the replay value score, unavoidably low for such type of games (isn't it?). Not considering this factor would amply place Ouverture-Facile above the 8. And that is still much rewarding lol

made in Belgium

...I'm nobody. Damn. But you are my slave...

#28 2007-02-03 03:15:23

eightbithero
Noob
United States

rodolfu wrote:

I've just read your review and found it pretty good eightbithero! It gives a complete overview of the game and, for sure, is likely to tempt and attract a bunch of poor riddles lovers who had not heard of ouverture-facile yet.

As you said I think also that there is no need to be shocked by the 'low' score since the weakest link comes from the replay value score, unavoidably low for such type of games (isn't it?). Not considering this factor would amply place Ouverture-Facile above the 8. And that is still much rewarding lol

Yeah, replay value is the main reason the score was lower.  Not much can really be done about that tongue
It also may seem lower because most game websites/magazines use 7 as an average score, we use 5.  Our 7.4 is probably close to a 9 on 1up.com or something.

Anyway, glad you liked the review, hope it ropes in more players.

#29 2007-02-22 14:27:15

Serratiger
Noob
Mexico
Website

I love this game. I've been two days in here and I'm at level 23... but  I have a small issue...
The game requires on some levels to have certain knowledge of things like hex editor and such. (specifically lvl 22 & 23.) I love the mental challenge, but these levels are more about knowing how to handle the codes than thinking hard.
I'd just like to point out this makes things quite complicated.
I love the challenge, but I'm sure not everyone likes this...
Overall, I just want to congratulate you on this awesome game. Quite addictive. Can't wait to see the next level.

#30 2007-02-27 00:56:23

warren1133
Noob

I love this game...I'm hooked...

#31 2007-03-09 06:53:26

Jalsoph
Geek
United States

I can't bring myself to give OF a 10/10. I love this riddle dearly, and there are no others than can equal it (and I've tried a bunch of different riddles). One reason it's so good is it's very clean, the set up is constant, so there's no needless confusion, and the source code also is easy to navigate through when necessary.
However, every so often there's a level that I beat and feel like I was led on a wrong track for no reason, and there are some levels that speaking only English is quite a handicap, but that's not my big issue. My biggest issue is that there are some hits and some misses, like the levels with the leaves and latin, I didn't find fun.
So
9 out of 10 is excellent, and I hope that the next 30 soemthing levels just stay as good as the last few have been!
GO SWAN!!!tongue

__♫The tires are the things on your car that make
__contact with the road. ♪♫♪
__                                                                         
__Back to learning French! lvl 75

#32 2008-02-19 09:14:50

RockJonny
Noob
New Zealand

This game has taken over my life... I got to level forty-something I think last time I played, and I've jsut started playing again, and now I can't stop thinking about it. This is, without a doubt, the greatest game ever on the internet. Nothing is nearly as engaging or frustrating.

And now -  BACK TO THE PUZZLES!

#33 2008-03-25 01:07:17

julianameless
Noob

This is a brilliant game. I love puzzles, but this one is in another league. It's challenging; it  is completely logical but needs a certain amount of creativity and persistence that just isn't required in other games. I'm only on level 30, but I look forward to having the next fifty or so levels eat up my life in the future.

#34 2008-05-27 22:46:14

Signets
Geek
United States
Website

I admire every single person that contributed to make this game, and the ones that got through it as well. It is such an amazing exercise for my brain, thats enjoyable. I can't think of another game that can frustrates me more after staring at a level "such as the eyes" that is extremely creepy and you have no clue what to do. But the satisfaction when you actually solve it is unbelievable tongue. I do think maybe you could give us some warning as to when a level may be to the more creepy side, because I definitely was so scared I screamed on a few of them. Other than that, absolutely brilliant big_smile.

Level 78 [temp end] ;D
Forum gaming till the next level!
Always open to help.

#35 2009-05-10 23:07:54

kcbruski
Noob

This is one of the most challenging, but interesting and fun games I have ever played. Its amazing. Right now I am making my own game (for a class), and your game is my inspiration for even trying, only mine isn't as tricky, and there are not as many levels. Kudos to you for making the coolest game on the web. smile

#36 2009-07-14 13:45:59

Mal^_achi
United Kingdom

I personally thought it was amazing.

Have been on work experience for the past two weeks, and instead of doing any real work, have spent my time solving the riddles. Am currently on 35. I thought many of the levels were very well executed in terms of making you think, and luckily enough i have a good amount of knowledge of IT to know my way round some of the questions. I liked the use of certain windows programs, some of which i never even knew existed, to solve some of the riddles and am also liking the fact that i had to learn knew things in order to answer some of them. Liked it so much, that i went straight to the shop and ordered myself a messanger bag, am also distributing flyers around Leicester Square and Covent Garden, will upload pics soon smile

Thanks swan, enlightening and testing.
Matt.

"...and all the money i waste, it's just a matter of taste..."
http://www.ouverture-facile.com/ad/logo5.png

#37 2012-01-08 00:44:36

fil_lif
Noob
United Kingdom

Discovered this game two days ago, and I'm hooked already.  Gotta love it for those eureka moments it gives you.
Great stuff swan, you should be trying to work out cold fusion or something

Level 60; gah, it's that symbol again
"Sorry I'm late. I was taking a crap."

#38 2014-03-28 18:03:09

ollivier

Amazing... this word really fit ! what are we doing here ? what are we doing anywhere ? what are we looking for ? what's the meaning of all that binz ? ♦◘☼►↨*^♥ There are other secret places you must find ; )

Board footer